Coordinated Home Care
Ozcare can support you to stay in your home longer with a personalised package of care, including case management, services and support.
A Home Care Package offers greater flexibility and choice, encouraging you to have a say about what’s important to you, the type of care you want to receive and how you want to receive it.
With Ozcare as your Home Care Package provider, the only limit is your imagination!
Experience the Ozcare difference:
- Range of Services
- Regular Carers
- Doing Things with Heart
- 25+ Years’ Experience
How it Works
Eligibility for Home Care Packages is subject to an assessment completed by the Aged Care Assessment Team. Depending on your needs, you will be approved for a Home Care Package (HCP) level ranging from 1 to 4, once approved you will placed on the national waitlist. You will receive notification when you have been assigned a package. In some cases the level of package assigned to you may be lower than what you have been approved, it is your choice whether accept the assigned package or you can remain on current services waiting for assignment of your approved level of care.
Ozcare can help you to understand the choices and assist you in making a well informed decision, if needed.
The package levels are:
- Home Care Package Level 1
Supports people with basic care needs
- Home Care Package Level 2
Supports people with low level care needs
- Home Care Package Level 3
Supports people with intermediate care needs
- Home Care Package Level 4
Supports people with high care needs
Work one-on-one with an experienced Ozcare Case Manager to create a flexible care plan designed specifically for you to get the most out of your package.
Your dedicated Case Manager will help you with:
- Goal Setting
- After Hours Assistance
- Support to Manage Your Budget
- Ongoing Advice and Support
- Personalised Care Plan
Choose the care, support and services that best meet your needs. With an Ozcare Home Care Package, you have the flexibility to create a package that is individually tailored for you.
Ozcare will work with you to help get the most out of your package. To get started, we will ask you:
“What is it that you used to do that you can’t do anymore?”
Supporting our clients to answer this question helps identify what it is that’s important to them. Together, we can then work on setting goals and putting supports and services in place to go forward.
You can access a wide range of services and supports through your Home Care Package. Below are just a few of the ways a Home Care Package can support you:
Home & Garden
- Spring cleaning
- Meal preparation
- Lawn mowing
- Pet care
- Home maintenance
- Minor home modifications & equipment
Mind & Body
- Showering, dressing & stockings
- Grooming & personal hygiene
- Nursing care
- Continence support
- Nutritional advice
- Pain & medication management
- Allied health
- Exercise & walking groups
- Falls prevention
- Dementia care
Independence & Freedom
- Bill paying & errands
- Emergency alarms and sensors
- Keeping up hobbies
- Pursuing interests
- Volunteer activities
Family & Social Life
- Social outings
- Attending social & leisure groups
- Making new friends
- Visiting family & friends
- Relaxing activities
- Special events
- Community events
- Assistance with technology
With an Ozcare Home Care Package, you have the flexibility to manage and direct your own care support and services. You will also receive an individualised budget so you can see what funding is available and how those funds are spent.
With a Home Care Package from Ozcare, you will receive:
- Your very own team of experienced nurses, carers, allied health professionals, dementia advisors and support staff who spend time getting to know you.
- Regular carers so you are seeing familiar faces and feel comfortable in their company.
- Encouragement and support to make your own decisions about your care.
- Support to transition through different services as your needs change.
- Exceptional care and support from a care team who go the extra mile.
Get help to complete everyday tasks at home such as housework, showering, grooming and preparing meals. We can also support you to keep doing the things you enjoy at home or out in your local community.