Day Respite Centre
Ozcare’s day respite centre in Burleigh Heads is a supportive, friendly environment for seniors, adults with a disability, and those in the community who feel isolated or lonely.
Surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, the centre has a welcoming outdoor gazebo area, perfect for BBQs and picnics. Enjoy group and individual activities designed to allow friendships to blossom and support your independence, with assistance from our trained and caring staff.
- Care & Support
- Extended hours for dementia respite care
Location & Contact
8 Matilda Street, Burleigh Heads
Centre Manager: Kylie Jones
Phone: (07) 5507 0870
Day Respite Centre
Monday to Friday from 8am – 4pm
Please notify us of late cancellations between 7.30am and 8.00am on the day.
Extended Hours Dementia Respite Care
Monday to Friday, 6am – 8pm
Saturday, 6am – 3pm
Sunday, 7am – 3pm
Physical activities include: gentle exercises, Tai Chi, indoor games, billiards, kelly pool, carpet bowls, ten-pin bowling, dancing, movement to music, outdoor games, croquet, mini golf, bocce, and more.
Mental stimulation activities include: craft, word games, puzzles, group quizzes (scattegories, family feud), board games (train dominoes, cards, canasta, euchre, 500, cribbage, sequence, rummy kub), reading, access to technology such as computers, and more.
Social activities include: discussion groups, reading groups, concerts, school groups, guest presenters, product/trade demonstrations, outings, and more.
Other activities include:
- Art events and painting classes
- Lending library with more than 1000 books and DVDs
- Hairdressing salon open Tuesday to Thursday, and on other days by appointment
- Events such as visits from the Historical Society, Garden Clubs, Wood Turners Association, Pets for Therapy, Ballet troupes, Dancing troupes, shopping, fashion demonstrations, and more
- Excursions, including visits to parks, gardens, whale and dolphin watching, fishing, BBQs, picnics, and more
Activities are designed to be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of age or impairment. We also provide access to allied health services for those who are Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) clients.