Help for Seniors to Prevent Homelessness
If you are an older person on a low income who is homeless, or at risk of homelessness, the Assistance with Care and Housing (ACH) program can help you find the right accommodation for your needs. This can include finding housing through the private rental market or applying for affordable social housing options.
- Help to find suitable housing
- Providing transport to view properties
- Assistance with paperwork required to apply for a tenancy or social housing
- Understanding the requirements of a new tenancy and access to loans
- Assistance with arrangements to relocate
- Providing links to assist you to retain the new tenancy, where required
The range of support includes:
- Case management
- Investigating alternative housing options
- Liaison and referral to health, community care, welfare and social support services
- Assistance to maintain or build local support networks
Assistance With Care and Housing (ACH)
There is no cost for the ACH service, through funding provided by the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services.
ACH services are available to you if you are:
- Homeless, or at risk of being homeless
- Unable to access transport or the internet
- Over 65 years, or over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Our service area includes Brisbane (north and south), the Sunshine Coast and Cairns.
We accept new clients by online referral from all community, health and medical services.